Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Connecting The Dots


  The TED video I chose featured Steve Jobs as guest speaker, at Stanford University. Jobs speech was riveting and thought provoking. From the very beginning, he had his audience captivated the moment he uttered his first word. More importantly, his honesty and heart-felt words compelled each and every individual in the audience. Perhaps, maybe the knowledge and advice that Jobs shared can be applied to every aspect in life. Indeed, every story that he told was filled with feeling and inspiration. In my opinion, what made the speech so amazing was the fact that Jobs was able to show his human side. In one of his stories, he mentioned the importance of connecting the dots in your life. Secondly, he expressed that you can’t connect the dots by looking forward; you can only connect them by looking backwards. Jobs spent almost his entire life creating new and innovative products for the world to share. After all, he built a 2 billion dollar empire off shear genius. Moreover, he was able to revise the company Apple, and develop new companies such as Pixar and NeXT, which ultimately changed the way we view modern technology.  I must admit this speech really touched me, so I’m sure it inspired the graduating class of Stanford. He also detailed the importance of living every moment like it’s your last, and never giving up. Jobs explained how staying “Hungry and Foolish”, and never taking life for granted can assist individuals who want to become successful. Steve Jobs left a lasting impression on us all, and also showed us how we should live and enjoy our lives.  

     Every individual in this world has encountered some type of life changing experience. But, it takes an extraordinary person to be able to except those setbacks and continue moving on. Personally, I’ve experience many setbacks in my own life, but I’ve never stop trying to reach my goals. As I’ve grown older, I’ve begun to realize that hard work does pays off; also that I must keep searching for what I love, and continue chasing my goals and achieving my dreams.


1 comment:

  1. Shawn,

    I definitely enjoyed your post. It was very insightful and well written. I also chose to blog regarding the Steve Jobs video, however, I loved how you included your personal touch about setbacks. You went into how you still became a overcomer of adversities like Steve Jobs. I believe people will be truly inspired by your goal of still chasing and achieving higher heights. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors. Thanks again for your post.

    Best Regards,

    Courtney Brown

    ReplyDelete